Saturday 29 December 2012

From the beginning...


Dear Diary.
 
A look back at my allotment in the very early stages. I'm glad I took a few photos.
The plot was a mess and it took me quite some time and a hard grafting before I was able to start any real tasks. Over grown weeds and brambles mostly.
 
 
As you can see in the photo, the fence was basically about to fall down. That was another task in itself. I used bits of carpet and plastic to cover the ground to kill the weeds. This was the end of January of this year 2012.
 
 

Starting to repair the fence surrounding my plot using old wooden pallets. Most of the materials I used were either already left on the plot or given to me. I didn't go out and spend money on new wood because the idea was to recycle and save.


Not a bad job for someone who has never built a fence before. When it was finished to an ok standard, I lay woodchip down to create paths. The spaces between the paths would become raised beds, which was my next task!
 
I completed most of this work within a week or two. Getting up early and digging until dark. Quite an accomplishment looking back at the photographs and comparing them to the plot now.
 
My next post, the raised beds challenge. Fun at the allotment.
 
Bob. 



No comments:

Post a Comment